Get Victoria’s keynote performance ‘That’s Just Crazy Talk’! Endorsed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) as an effective anti-stigma tool.
This critically acclaimed theatrical presentation follows her as she faces mental illness within herself and her family, uncovering long kept secrets. A funny, achingly truthful portrayal of the love and resilience it takes to stay together as a family in the midst of illness and the beauty that can result when we face our fears.
‘That’s Just Crazy Talk’ was the focus of two research projects measuring its ability to decrease stigma. Findings demonstrate the show is effective in reducing stigma. For further information, please the MHCC evaluation report which summarizes the evidence and details from the research. The movie was produced in partnership with CREST.BD and a CIHR grant.
After the screening, viewers leave with or Viewer Take-aways:
- Increased comfort discussing mental health and opportunity to talk about it openly
- Strategies about how to support individuals with mental health issues to encourage them to reach out and accept help earlier
- A look at the impact of stigma across multiple generations
- Reduced stigma and increased awareness
- What wellness and recovery looks like
- Insight into what works and what doesn’t in treatment plans
- Inspiration, hope and encouragement
To enhance learning and retention, add a live virtual question and answer period with Victoria, following the screening of her DVDs/Downloads.
Click here (goes to the bottom of the page).
*Email Victoria at email@example.com to confirm she is available for a ‘Q & A’ on the date of your screening. For more info about ‘Q & A’ sessions click here.
Approximate run time: 52 minutes.